MRDC COVID-19 Information and News
Remember to participate in the 2020 Census here.
Your participation is critical to helping us get the funding for programs to help YOU.
More Activities with Kids
- How to make frozen banana yogurt pops
- Paper towel magic experiment
- Things to do on rainy days
- Genius of Play ideas
- Sing "Five Little Speckled Frogs"
- Activities for Bored Kids
- KINRGY - free movement classes taught by Julianne Hough
- How to make lava in a jar
- Ocean sensory bag
- Scissor skills practice
- Tons of play ideas!
- Make recycled flowers
- Make edible pudding slime!
- Fun scavenger hunts
Links for Free Online Learning Resources
Talking to Kids about Coronavirus
- Tip Sheet for Families
- Pandemic Infographic
- Helping Children Cope with Stress
- Maryland Public Television PBS resources
Distance Learning with Class Dojo
Class Dojo helps you and your child communicate and stay connected with your child's teachers. If you still need to be added to our Class Dojo list, please email email@example.com and you will receive an invitation from your child's teacher to get the connection started!
Free Food Locations
Use this very helpful interactive website to locate food resources nearest you.
MRDC Nutrition Information
During this time at home, there are lots of fun and healthy ways for families to be together in the kitchen! Here are few ideas to get you started:
- Kids' Cooking Activities
- 18 Recipes That'll Help your Kids Learn in the Kitchen
- 25+ Ideas, Recipes, and Tips for Cooking with Preschoolers
- Preschool Snack Recipes
Easy and Quick Recipes:
Also, Head Start is collecting family recipes so that we can compile a recipe book for all of our Head Start families. If you are interested in participating, please send recipes, cooking tips, child cooking activities, etc., to Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidance for Parents:
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Sick with COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Therapists' Advice re Coronavirus Anxiety
- The importance of play
- Managing anxiety for you and your kids
- Self-care and mental health tips for kids
- How to stay organized with kids in the house
- Building Resilience
- Importance of Routine
- Creating Routines
- Getting Your Child a Good Night's Sleep
- Disney help with sleep
- Suggested Daily Schedule
- Conservamom list of websites for kids
- Ready Rosie resources for coping with coronavirus
In these unprecedented times, MRDC Head Start Health Services would like to keep our families informed about COVID-19. We would like to continue supporting our families with any health concerns during this time.
Click here for the most up-to-date information about cases by county.
Click here for information about the Maryland Health Connection, which is now extending the deadline to register to June 15th!
Remember that we can contribute to keeping these numbers low by following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines on slowing the spread of the virus (Click here).
Testing can be conducted only by appointment at specific locations once you have obtained a referral from a healthcare provider. This article covers the latest locations and procedures. Also check Maryland's Coronavirus website for updated information and procedures.
If you have any concerns regarding COVID-19, you can reach the Health Manager Tosha Johnson via email at email@example.com
For health information per county, visit this detailed page.
Resources to Help with Potty Training
It's a great time to start working potty training! Here are some resources to get you started:
For kids to watch: