More Activities with Kids
Activities To Go Kits are available at Cecil County's contactless pickup locations, while supplies last: Cecilton, Chesapeake City, Elkton, Rising Sun and Perryville. Themes change weekly!
- Song about parts of the body
- Mouse's First Day of School story
- All about Me activity
- Meditation for kids
- Shape Sorting Activity
- Ice Block Treasure Hunting
- Jello Sensory Digging Activity
- DIY Tugging Box
- Washing Dishes Sensory Bin
- Coloring Pages to do with Fathers/Father Figures
- Scavenger Hunt
- DIY Sand and Rock Box
- Coloring on Sandpaper
- Toilet Roll Stamp Flowers
- DIY Dot Markers
- Floating Dry Erase Rainbow and Shapes Experiment
- Edible infant paint
- Paper towel magic experiment
- Things to do on rainy days
- Genius of Play ideas
- Sing "Five Little Speckled Frogs"
- Activities for Bored Kids
- KINRGY - free movement classes taught by Julianne Hough
- How to make lava in a jar
- Ocean sensory bag
- Scissor skills practice
- Tons of play ideas!
- Make recycled flowers
- Make edible pudding slime!
- Fun scavenger hunts
Links for Free Online Learning Resources
- Tree Bark Rubbings
- Making Rain Experiment
- Magic School Bus
- Make Me Genius
- Cool Math Games
- Highlights Kids
- National Geographic Kids
- The KIDZ Page
- Fun Brain Jr.
- Storyline Online
- BBC History for Kids
- NGAKids Art Zone app link
- Reading of Oliver's Fruit Salad
- Quality Time with Kacey
- The Genius of Play: guide to toys for different age groups
- The Daily Splash
- Club SciKidz
- Bamboo Learning
- Conscious Discipline
- Ranger Rick
- Brain Pop Junior
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- PBS Kids
- Noggin: Free for 90 Days
Talking to Kids about Coronavirus
- Tip Sheet for Families
- Video for kids about social distancing
- Pandemic Infographic
- Helping Children Cope with Stress
- Maryland Public Television PBS resources
Distance Learning with Class Dojo
Class Dojo helps you and your child communicate and stay connected with your child's teachers. If you still need to be added to our Class Dojo list, please email email@example.com and you will receive an invitation from your child's teacher to get the connection started!
Free Food Locations
Use this very helpful interactive website to locate food resources nearest you.
MRDC Nutrition Information
During this time at home, there are lots of fun and healthy ways for families to be together in the kitchen! Here are few ideas to get you started:
- Homemade Teething Biscuits
- Cooking with Kids - Why It's Good for Them
- Two-Ingredient Watermelon Gelato
- How to Make Frozen Banana Yogurt Pops
- Kids' Cooking Activities
- 18 Recipes That'll Help your Kids Learn in the Kitchen
- 25+ Ideas, Recipes, and Tips for Cooking with Preschoolers
- Preschool Snack Recipes
Easy and Quick Recipes:
Also, Head Start is collecting family recipes so that we can compile a recipe book for all of our Head Start families. If you are interested in participating, please send recipes, cooking tips, child cooking activities, etc., to Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources to Help with Potty Training
It's a great time to start working potty training! Here are some resources to get you started:
For kids to watch:
Guidance for Parents:
- Coping during the holidays: guidance from the CDC
- How to cross the street safely: video
- "I Am a Child" poster
- A child's financial development
- Budget worksheet for children
- Using positive language
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Sick with COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Therapists' Advice re Coronavirus Anxiety
- The importance of play
- Managing anxiety for you and your kids
- Self-care and mental health tips for kids
- How to stay organized with kids in the house
- Building Resilience
- Importance of Routine
- Creating Routines
- Getting Your Child a Good Night's Sleep
- Disney help with sleep
- Suggested Daily Schedule
- Conservamom list of websites for kids
- Ready Rosie resources for coping with coronavirus
In these unprecedented times, MRDC Head Start Health Services would like to keep our families informed about COVID-19. We would like to continue supporting our families with any health concerns during this time.
Click here for the most up-to-date information about cases by county.
Remember that we can contribute to keeping these numbers low by following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines on slowing the spread of the virus (Click here).
Testing can be conducted only by appointment at specific locations once you have obtained a referral from a healthcare provider. This article covers the latest locations and procedures. Also check Maryland's Coronavirus website for updated information and procedures.
If you have any concerns regarding COVID-19, you can reach the Health Manager Tosha Johnson via email at email@example.com
For assistance with enrollment or other concerns with the healthcare system, please contact bilingual navigator Claudia Sanders with Maryland Health Connection at 443-966-2615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Para asistencia con la inscripción u otras inquietudes con el sistema de salud, comuníquese con la navegante bilingüe Claudia Sanders con Maryland Health Connection at 443-966-2615 o email@example.com.
For health information per county, visit this detailed page.
Please see this guidance from the Office of Head Start about hand sanitizers.
Your Healthy Teeth
Many dental offices are now scheduling in-person appointments:
West Cecil Health Dental
Harford County Dental Clinic
Main Street Dental Havre De Grace Office
Choptank Community Health Systems:
- Goldsboro, MD 410-634-2380
- Denton, MD 410-479-2650
- Federalsburg, MD 410-754-9021
Now is not the time to forget our routines. See the flier below for important information about toothbrushing and the coronavirus!